Fast Loan 4 me - Unauthorized bank draw from elderly nursing home resident
I am acting as power-of-attorney for my aunt, who currently resides in a nursing home.She is both hard-of-hearing and in the early stages of dementia, so she is unable to transact business for herself, especially by phone.
Recently, I discovered that on 6/11/13, FastLoan4Me.com was allowed to take an unauthorized bank draft for $30 on her bank account. I have spoken to a representative from the branch of her bank (IBC) that is local to me, and was told that the bank manager of her bank in her hometown authorized both the draft and a subsequent $35 stop payment fee. The manager noted on the account that she spoke on the phone with my aunt and received authorization for the charges. Both my aunt and the nursing home staff report that there was no phone call from the bank manager within the last few weeks.
In addition, there is documentation on file with the bank that requires WRITTEN authorization from either my aunt or myself as her power-of-attorney for any transactions on her account. I will be contacting the branch manager involved on Monday in an attempt to resolve this matter. I will also be filing a police report for fraud against FastLoan4me.com and a complaint with the attorney general for my state.
A Google search revealed numerous complaints against FastLoan4Me.com for identical unauthorized bank drafts for $30, so that is apparently their usual business model.
It floors me that they are continuing to get away with such fraud routinely.I am disgusted and saddened at the thought of the numerous elderly persons this company has most likely defrauded, and hope to be able to put a stop to these practices.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "Als ehemaliger Geschäftspartnerwurde ich von Lazanas ebenfalls massiv betrogen und hintergangen. Ich habe die Einträge erst vor kurzem gesehen und von den diversen Strafverfolgungen gegen Lazanas erfahren. Er hat weder..."
- "I ended buy buying over $200,000 in silver bars from Apmex late last year and early this yerar, after about $75,000 to $100,000 in purchases I was called and sought..."
- "Not sure how many people read the paper these days...but today in the Bourbonnais, Illinois Daily Journal a story line caught my eye...'IL residents snap up U.S. State Silver Bars'...."
- "I was emailing and talking on comments with this girl @Tifflatowski92 and she convinced me to trade her my louis vuitton favorite pm for her louis vuitton favorite mm and..."
- "Found speaker boombox from Zapals. Good sound quality, soothing color with LED light, this Bluetooth speaker has not one, but two loudspeaker units built inside its body, providing you with..."
- " Just returned from a week at the secrets royal beach. Had an outstanding time. Great food,service and staff. The best employee of our entire week was at the beach...."
- "Pic 1 is what I ordered...pic 2 is what I got...suppose to be delivered on 1-11-16...arrived 1-16-16...offered me 50% off my next order since I was unhappy. Do they..."
- "The WORST florist. Left pic is what I ordered, right pic is what got delivered!! I called my complaint, I even emailed them the pics; they said "upon close inspection,..."
- "Bought Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on Ebay for $423. The logo pop up to add the warranty but had to wait a few days to get the fund. Two days..."